Your privacy is very important to us. At E&ILCA we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Here are some of the ways in which a typical WordPress site collects user information.
- Name and email address in comment forms.
- Comment form cookie which remembers a user’s name or email address.
- Name and email addresses submitted by user by using a contact form.
- Name and email address submitted to sign up for email list.
- Information collected when users register on a website.
- Google Analytics tracking.
- Facebook page plugin and like button cookies.
- Other social media platform widgets that track users.
Like most website operators, E&ILCA collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. E&ILCA ’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how E&ILCA ’s visitors use its website. From time to time, E&ILCA may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
E&ILCA also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. E&ILCA only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to E&ILCA’s websites choose to interact with E&ILCA in ways that require E&ILCA to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that E&ILCA gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, E&ILCA collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with E&ILCA. E&ILCA does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
E&ILCA may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
E&ILCA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on E&ILCA’s behalf or to provide services available at E&ILCA’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using E&ILCA’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. E&ILCA will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, E&ILCA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when E&ILCA believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of E&ILCA, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an E&ILCA website and have supplied your email address, E&ILCA may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with E&ILCA and our services. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. E&ILCA takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. GDPR is a European Union (EU) law that gives its citizens control over their personal data. This law applies to every business (including WordPress blogs) around the world, even if you are not from the EU countries. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for information on deletion from archives, see the “Retention of personal information” section);
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please follow the instructions at the end of this Privacy statement.
If E&ILCA, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that E&ILCA goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of E&ILCA may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Third Party Links